Mexico City - June 2013 Was Very Safe


Initially,I thought Mexico City was going to be very dangerous.  Something along the lines of Manila, Philippines or San Jose, Costa Rica.  I was incredibly wrong.  Mexico City is the perfect mix of modern and traditional.  The people were incredibly friendly and helpful.  I was very worried at first about the drug wars and things I've heard on the news, but that's not happening at all within Mexico City.  I had no problems during my travels and I used the public taxis, subways and trains.  Many of the locals were very helpful in making sure we got to our destinations and recommended amazing places.









 There just happened to be a world's culture fair while I was in town.  Maybe that could explain the extra nice attitude I was receiving?  Nah, I believe everyone was sincerely nice that I met.
















 The streets are kept very clean and there's not too much traffic.  In Los Angeles, people literally just throw their trash on the floor.








 Prepaid metro cards to conserve on paper ticket waste.









Comments